General info and cancellations
Room/Cabin Reservation Guarantees
Engadine Inn and Cabins is a unique, privately-owned property where every guest reservation is handled on an individual, personalized and confidential basis.
At the time your reservation is made, we require a credit card (we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover) to guarantee the room or cabin with a fifty percent deposit. Refunds of deposits will be subject to the cancellation policies listed below.
For reservations made between October 1 and November 15 for stays between October 1 and November 15, a one hundred percent non-refundable deposit is required.
1. Reservations can be cancelled with no charge within 24-hours of being made.
2. For confirmed reservations cancelled more than 14 days prior to your reserved arrival date, we will charge a cancellation fee of $25.
3. For confirmed reservations cancelled from 7 to 14 days prior to your reserved arrival date, we will charge a cancellation fee equal to one-half of the total room charge at the then-current room rate.
4. For confirmed reservations cancelled less than 7 days prior to your reserved arrival date, full payment for the full stay is expected at the then-current room rate.
5. For no shows, full payment for the full stay is expected at the then-current room rate.
OCTOBER 1 - NOVEMBER 15 CANCELLATIONS
1. Reservations can be cancelled with no charge within 24-hours of being made.
2. For confirmed reservations cancelled more than 30 days prior to your reserved arrival date, we will charge a cancellation fee of $25.
3. For confirmed reservations cancelled less than 30 days prior to your reserved arrival date, full payment for the full stay is expected at the then-current room rate.
4. For no shows, full payment for the full stay is expected at the then-current room rate.
A Note About Inclement Weather And/Or Trip Interruption:
As we all know, from time to time Mother Nature can serve up some interesting weather conditions that make traveling challenging! And, at times, there are personal circumstances that create situations requiring changes to travel plans. So, it’s best that we let you know now about what our policies and expectations are when such conditions or circumstances arise.
Please understand that your reservation is considered to be a “rain (or snow) or shine” commitment to us. This means that “crumby weather” is, in and of itself, not a sufficient reason to cancel without penalty. The same is true for unexpected personal situations. You are expected to fulfill the full responsibilities associated with your reservation regardless of weather conditions or other circumstances. We do not compromise regarding this policy.
If you have any concerns about meeting this obligation, we encourage you to consider purchasing trip insurance. It is inexpensive, can be purchased easily online and protects your interests during unexpected circumstances that effect your travel plans. (Consider Travelex, John Hancock, IMG and/or Allianz.)
Group/Event Reservation Guarantees And Cancellations
For information on group reservations and cancellations, please refer to our “Events Guidelines” which will be distributed to you during the booking process. If you have questions, please contact Rick Bell at 828-633-1110.
Check-in and Check-out Times
Our office hours are from 10:00 am until 8:00 pm.
All room accounts will be settled during the check-in process. For reservations made on our website, the balance due after your deposit has been applied can be charged to the card on file or to another card of you choosing. For reservations made and paid for through one of our booking partners (Expedia, TripAdvisor, AirBnB, BedandBreakfast.com, etc.), we require that you provide a credit card to which any additional charges or fees (purchases, optional breakfast charges, pet fees, cleaning fees, etc.) that you may incur will be charged.
Check-in is from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Please call us if you are delayed or expect to arrive later than 7:00 PM. NOTE: If planning a dinner out on your arrival night, we ask that you check in BEFORE proceeding to dinner...please understand that we cannot keep the office open indefinitely as we wait for your arrival! Late arrivals (after 7:00 pm) can be accommodated by appointment only, but you must call us at least 24 hours in advance to make the arrangements. Late arrivals without an appointment are subject to a $50.00 fee.
Check-out is 11:00 AM. Late check-outs may be accommodated on an as available basis. For late check-outs up until 1:00 PM, there is a $25 charge. For check-outs later than 1:00 PM, full payment of an additional night’s stay will be charged.
For the safety and comfort of our guests, smoking and/or vaping is not permitted in the Inn nor in the Cabins. Smoking and vaping are permitted on exterior porches ONLY. Please use the ashtrays we have provided for you. Smoking or vaping anywhere in the Inn or Cabins will result in a $250 cleaning fee, which will automatically be charged to your credit card.
Damages and Excessive Soiling
At Engadine, we know that accidents and coincidental circumstances sometimes result in damages to our property. In these situations, we understand and accept that there was no intent and, as a result, will repair or replace damaged or soiled items at no cost to our guests.
However, in circumstances where there is obvious neglect or malicious intent, we reserve the right to charge offending guests the expenses associated with making right the situation. Following are circumstances where this will be the case:
1. Towels- We ask that the white bath towels not be used to clean mud or dirt from shoes or clothing, removing blood, or for washing cars. Black wash cloths and hand towels are provided for removing makeup...please DO NOT use white bath towels or cloths for makeup removal. In our dog friendly cabins, "dog towels" are provided for wiping muddy paws. If you are planning to visit one of the area's famed "swimming holes," we ask that you NOT use bath towels and, instead, visit the Inn's office to pick up beach towels. For soiled towels that cannot be cleaned- $25 per item.
2. Bed linens- For bed linens soiled with make-up, personal products, blood (or muddy paws in pet-friendly cabins)- $25 per item
3. Excessive soiling of room or cabin resulting in extensive cleaning- $250
4. Evidence of smoking or vaping in rooms or cabins- $250
5. Missing items- actual cost of replacement, plus $250
6. Dirty dishes (in cabin kitchens)- $50
7. Damages- actual cost of repairs, one night’s charge for each night the Room/Cabin is out of service, plus $250
Charges for these items will be documented by email, with photographs when appropriate, and automatically billed to your credit card on file.
Each room and cabin has a maximum capacity (see room and cabin descriptions). All rooms in the B&B are double occupancy, adults only (18 years of age and older). Cabin rates are based on double occupancy, unless otherwise stated in the cabin description. Additional guests can often be accommodated in cabins at an additional cost.($25 per person per day for additional guests 12 years of age and older…there is no charge for children under 12).
Our bed and breakfast Inn is reserved for adults only. Children of all ages are welcome in our five family-friendly cabins, however. Execption: The Cherokee Cabin is our luxury cabin and is reserved for two adults only.
Additional linens are provided for sofa beds in the Cabins (and the mattress in the sleeping loft of the Balsam Mountain Cabin).
Each room or cabin has a gas fireplace, wood burning fireplace or gas-fired stove. All fireplaces are operated seasonally from October 15 – March 15.
Cabins with wood burning fireplaces will be supplied with enough wood and fire starter for one fire per day of your stay. Our staff will lay the fire for you to light at your convenience. We ask that you NOT add additional logs or other combustible material to the fire(s) we will prepare for you. Additionally, wood burning fireplaces should not be lit on the morning of your scheduled check-out day.
Cabin Kitchen Inventory
Cabins are stocked with cooking and service ware items for preparing and serving meals for the stated maximum number of guests for each cabin. We ask that you NOT move items from your cabin to other cabins. Before departing, we also ask that you wash any kitchen items you may used during your stay.
Rates are subject to Buncombe County and North Carolina State Sales and Lodging taxes.
Some amenities might not be available during special promotions with external advertising partners. If you are purchasing a stay at Engadine Inn And Cabins through a 3rd party (not directly with us), please call us to ask about the availability of amenities not specifically listed in the advertised promotion.
- Honey Hill Inn and Cabins offers three dog-friendly cabins: Looking Glass, Blue Ridge Mountains and Smoky Mountains. We do not allow pets of any kind in the mansion or in the other Cabins. To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all of our guests, and the safety of our staff, we ask that you abide by the following policies for dogs and their owners. There is a cleaning charge of $25 per day of your stay..
Limit of one (1) dog per cabin, 35 lb max (unless innkeepers have given prior approval in writing)
- Dogs must be up to date on all vaccinations and be free of fleas and ticks.
- Dogs must be on a leash and under your control at all times. This is for the protection of other dogs (including ours), our guests, and staff.
- Dogs must remain caged during times when you are away from the cabin or at times when you are not in their direct supervision.
- You are responsible for any damages caused by your dog, including cleaning, repairs to the Cabin or replacement of furnishings.
- Special “dog” towels are provided in your cabin to dry or clean your dog. Please DO NOT use guest towels!
- Potty breaks of any kind should be confined to areas away from the Inn, the Cabins and our beautiful flowers and plants. Please pick up after your dog, regardless of where you are on the property, including wooded areas.
- Please be considerate of other guests when walking your dog.
- We reserve the right to ask guests with unsociable dogs (excessive barking, chewing, aggressive behavior) to leave the property. In this case, our early departure policies will apply (full payment for the entire stay at the then-current rate will be charged).
We appreciate your cooperation, which will allow us to continue to provide quality lodging for you and your pet!
About Our Rural Setting
Despite being only 15 minutes from the urban center of Asheville, ours is still a rural setting. As such, our neighborhood is home to a variety of small businesses, family farms, historic homes and, to the west of us, a 300+ acre wildlife preserve. The folks that live around us are great people who will make you feel genuinely welcome and who will appreciate that you chose to visit our community. But, as country folks, they, infrequently (usually during hunting season), like to hunt and/or target shoot in our general area. So, if you happen to hear the sound of gunfire on a sunny afternoon, don’t freak out! Our neighbors aren’t shooting at you…or each other! It’s probably just a turkey shoot or someone hunting down a bear!