Pets are welcome guests at Engadine! Located near Asheville at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains, we offer three pet-friendly cabins, so feel free to bring the whole family: our Blue Ridge Mountains Cabin, our Looking Glass Mountain Cabin and our Smoky Mountains Cabin. We do not allow pets in our other cabins, nor in the Victorian inn. To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all of our guests and of our staff, we ask that you abide by our pet policies.
Pet Friendly North Carolina Mountain Cabins
Escape to Engadine for a Fido Friendly Mountain Getaway
For visitors who are looking for a getaway that includes the whole family, including your pooch, Asheville and Western North Carolina are known as premier pet friendly destinations. Here at Engadine, we offer three pet-friendly mountain cabins for you to call home while visiting the Blue Ridge Mountains. From our location 15 minutes west of the urban center of Asheville, you will be able to discover a variety of restaurants and microbreweries…some of which even have special menus for dogs. Or you can choose to head out into our great outdoors for an adventure any dog would wag for. Dogs are welcome along the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Pisgah National Forest, Dupont State Forest. Or you can just chill out on your porch and soak up our views!
- There is a pet fee of $35 per pet per day during your stay.
- Limit of two (2) pets per cabin, 50 lb max (unless innkeepers have given prior approval in writing)
- Pets must be up to date on all vaccinations and be free of fleas and ticks.
- Pets must be on a leash and under your control at all times. This is for the protection of other dogs (including ours), our guests, and staff.
- Pets must remain caged during times when you are away from the cabin or at times when you are not in their direct supervision.
- You are responsible for any damages caused by your pet, including cleaning, repairs to the Cabin or replacement of soiled or damaged furnishings or accessories. Should damages require taking the cabin offline for repairs, you will be responsible for paying the nightly charge (at the then-current nightly rate) for the cabin until repairs have been completed.
- Special “pet” towels are provided in your cabin to dry or clean muddy paws. Please DO NOT use guest towels! Using guest towels to clean your pet will result in a charge of $25 per towel.
- Potty breaks of any kind should be confined to areas away from the Inn, the Cabins and our beautiful flowers and plants. Please pick up after your pet, regardless of where you are on the property (including wooded areas).
- Please be considerate of other guests when walking your pet.
- We reserve the right to ask guests with unsociable pets (excessive barking, chewing, aggressive behavior) to leave the property. In this case, our early departure policies will apply (full payment for the entire stay at the then-current rate will be charged).