June 5, 2013
Beat the Heat at Biltmore this Summer
Posted by: TOM WATSON
There is so much more to do on the Biltmore Estate besides touring the fabulous Biltmore House. With one of Honey Hill Inn’s two-day passes to the estate, you can enjoy activities that will keep you cool during the heat of the day and into the evening.
- Guided Raft Trips: Take in the amazing views as you follow the gentle currents on the French Broad River as it winds through the estate during this 2 hour experience.
- Self-guided Kayak Rentals: Enjoy a 3-mile, 2-hour float trip down the French Broad River in a single or tandem, sit-on-top, kayak.
- Shady spots on Hiking Trails: Hike miles of magnificent trails wind throughout the estate. Follow the Creekside Trail alongside the stream through a cool grove of hemlocks, pines, beech, rhododendrons, and bald cypress. The Woodland Trail follows an old farm wagon road, passing through deciduous woodlands. A wooden bridge arcs over the spring-fed brook and provides a spot for quiet meditation.
- Ice-Cream! Savor a scoop or two at the Ice Cream Shoppe in Stable Courtyard, or at the Creamery in Antler Hill Village.
- Visit late! Visit the winery and Antler Hill Village during the evening after it’s cooled down. Guests can enter the estate up until 10:00pm.