This one is a guest favorite! Hands down, this is the recipe guests most often ask for at the conclusion of breakfast. So, we’ve posted it here for you to enjoy!
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and halved.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 Large pinches of pumpkin spice or cinnamon
- 2 Large pinches of apple spice
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. On the stove top heat butter, sugar and spices in an oven-safe skillet. Over medium heat, heat butter and sugar until melted. Once heated, place apples flat side down to just barely brown the surface (2 minutes). Remove from heat and place skillet in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove apples, flip them over and spoon some of the liquid onto the top. Return to oven and cook 20 minutes (or until tender when checked with a fork). Drizzle with drippings from the pan. Serves 4 people.
- 1 Dollop of unflavored Greek yogurt per apple half
- 1 Healthy squirt of agave nectar (to taste)
- 1 Healthy squirt of vanilla extract (to taste)
Whisk ingredients in a a small mixing bowl. Serve apples with one dollop of yogurt mixture then top with granola and dried cranberries.